Photobooth flash blanks out screen

C

cowlick

Photobooth flash blacks out screen

On about 3 occasions now the flash produced by Photobooth when taking the photo causes the screen to immediately blank out (ie. it goes black). Not completely -- you can just make out the vaguest outline of the open windows -- but apparently irrecoverably. The only way out seems to be a hard reboot. I haven't been able to pinpoint anything that these 3 occasions have had in common.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas what might be causing it and/or what I can do to prevent it recurring?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
my photobooth is completely whacked out too....no one seems to know anything about it on here...so good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
It's called a flash....

It's supposed to do that.

OP
C

cowlick

Benjamindaines said:
It's called a flash....

It's supposed to do that.

LOL!! I think you've picked up the wrong impression from my post. Perhaps I didn't explain it too well. I'm not talking about the flash itself. The screen is NOT supposed to look like you've just turned the computer off after you've taken a photograph. It's supposed to go back to how it was before you took the photograph.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.