Usb 2.0 Drivers

Reaction score
I bought a USB 2.0 PCI card and installed and although it is registered on my system profile and says it is a "high speed usb bus" I cannot connect my ipod or any other device. I have a Powermac MDD dual 1.25ghz if that helps anybody.

Do I need to d/l drivers? Because the place where I purhcased it said it would be plug-in-play.

OP
D
Reaction score
Drew_Ty said:
I bought a USB 2.0 PCI card and installed and although it is registered on my system profile and says it is a "high speed usb bus" I cannot connect my ipod or any other device. I have a Powermac MDD dual 1.25ghz if that helps anybody.

Do I need to d/l drivers? Because the place where I purhcased it said it would be plug-in-play.
PLEASE

ANYONE

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Drew_Ty said:

What brand and model is the card? I got one at CompUSA that said Mac OSX 10.2 and above and it works perfectally in Tiger. You say it's showing in More Info from the Apple menu as a high speed usb? If so it should work. What happens if you plug in your iPod or any other USB 2.0 device?

OP
D
Reaction score
dtravis7 said:
What brand and model is the card? I got one at CompUSA that said Mac OSX 10.2 and above and it works perfectally in Tiger. You say it's showing in More Info from the Apple menu as a high speed usb? If so it should work. What happens if you plug in your iPod or any other USB 2.0 device?

I plug anything in and nothing happens. Zip. Zero. Zilch. My ipod doesn't show up on my desktop. I'll get the brand name later and repost.

OP
D
Reaction score
I purchased it from eBay so it's a generic brand. But here is the item# if that helps...200035610427.

Please help.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Does that chip on the board say VIA?

OP
D
Reaction score
Drew_Ty said:
I just pulled it out and, yes, it does say VIA on the chipset.

I d/l-ed the driver from VIA because on the chipset it says 6212L but now that everything works fine and dandy, my computer will not sleep...

Any suggestions now?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.