Help! My iMac is broken

Reaction score
Today i went to wake up my iMac from sleep and it wouldn't start. Eventually i got mad and manually restarted it. It was working fine till i used expose and it suddenly froze with like a checkerboard pattern on the screen. I let it sit for awhile and nothing happened so i restarted it again and at start it has this checkerboard pattern. ( its hard to describe, its like multiple color fuzz and the regular background squares). The iMac wont start it just sits there with the display all messed up. I am running a 20 inch Intel imac. Please help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Have you tried to reset PRAM? Do the hardware test and report back with your findings.

OP
S
Reaction score
Tech support told me it is the video card. Im getting a new one. I hope they will let me get the nVidia 7300 GT this time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.