Bittorrent and External HDD

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
Would it be better to keep my torrent files for bittorrent on my external HDD or should I just wait until I get a dedicated computer for bittorrent so my HDD in my PowerBook (or my external) aren't being used all the time? Just wondering if it would make a difference as far as hard drive life goes.

(Sorry about that mess of a first sentence)

If anyone was wondering I'll most likely use an older Pentium III or 4 with either Linux (yay!) or Windows 2000 for the torrent box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
If you are using Bittorrent extensively, perhaps it is a good idea to wait for the dedicated computer :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
While this is sort of OT for what you are asking I will say this. Talking about an App like BT, that is often used to exchange files illegally, is extremely discouraged on this forum. Be careful, it can get you into trouble with the staff here in a heartbeat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
ezhangin said:
Just wondering if it would make a difference as far as hard drive life goes.
Absolutely not. Hard Drives are meant to store files. The number of files really has very little to do with drive performance.

OP
ezhangin
Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
Baggs I know the rules, and no where did I mention illegal files (not trying to be a jerk). DevilBoy it's not the number of file's I am worried about, its the constant access to my PowerBook's harddrive. Thanks for the quick replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.