Mail's Sidebar

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
On Mail, I have my IMAP account under its own little icon in Mail's sidebar. People constantly ask me how I did that and I can't remember for the life of me. Take a look at this and someone tell me how I did this, I really can't find the option. I'm willing to bet its going to be really simple too :spook: .

picture1eh6.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I always just thought that's how IMAP accounts were displayed in Mail. At least that's how mine are as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
schweb said:
I always just thought that's how IMAP accounts were displayed in Mail. At least that's how mine are as well.
My IMAP account is listed under Inbox. Incidentally, it is also a Purdue IMAP account. I set it up following ITaP's directions and it came out like this:
picture1xc2.png

OP
ezhangin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
Mike I like how yours looks. I believe I followed those directions too. Anyways, a lot of people that ask me how I got mine that way have their IMAP folders all laid out, which can be quite a number of folders depending on how you organize your web mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
If you click the little triangle next to it does it show all of your folders from webmail? If so, did you have the folders set up before you set up your account in Mail?

OP
ezhangin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
Yup, it shows the folders I have in webmail. There are some weird ones too like ".DO.NOT.REMOVE." or something to that effect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.