Dead Pixel Dread

Reaction score
I have built my own PCs for the past 10 years but am on the everge of buying a Mac despite the chiding of many of my friends. I am looking to buy a BTO 20" or 24" with a couple gig of memory, upgraded video, wireless keyboard, and Applecare. BUT...I am terrified to the point of not being able to pull the trigger to make the purchase of DEAD PIXELS!!!

Any words of wisdom or encouragement or reality or whatever? :dummy:

Thanks,
Mikeylee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
mikeylee said:

Thanks,
Mikeylee
The reality is that NO manufacturer can guarantee that a display won't have any dead pixels. It happens. A couple stuck/dead pixels out of millions is perfectly acceptable as far as I am concerned.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
mikeylee said:
I have built my own PCs for the past 10 years but am on the everge of buying a Mac despite the chiding of many of my friends. I am looking to buy a BTO 20" or 24" with a couple gig of memory, upgraded video, wireless keyboard, and Applecare. BUT...I am terrified to the point of not being able to pull the trigger to make the purchase of DEAD PIXELS!!!

Thanks,
Mikeylee

I have worried about the same thing... on monitors, televisions, etc. There is no need to worry. I honestly have NEVER actually seen a monitor with dead/stuck pixels. I know they're out there, I just don't think it is common enough to warrant any worry or hesitation to buy. IMO

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.