PDA Suggestions

R

rsjennifer

Hi -

I got an iBook in July and am now ready to get a PDA. I need a PDA that is going to be user friendly to sync between MAC OS 10.2.8 and Office X (Entourage X, Word X, Excel X) and the handheld device.

I don't care that much about Entourage email. I just want to be able to send my address book, tasks and calendar from Entourage over.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
jennifer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i have a palm tungsten C that i love

It comes with Documents to Go which you can put word and excel files on. You just drag and drop the entourage address files into the Palm program and it sets it all up. very easy

I think all of the tungstens have the docs to go program but i got the tungsten C because its got a little keyboard and wi-fi internet. I got it from www.newegg.com they have a few other types that might be more of what you are looking for.

Syncing is very easy with it

OP
R

rsjennifer

Thanks!

So, you didn't have to download that syncing conduit from Microsoft Entourage? What version Palm OS are you running? I keep reading all the stuff about how Entourage doesn't like to sync w/anything 4 or higher.

I was just looking at the C, so that's good news.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i think its 5.2.1

i havent tried the conduit thingy. i havent tried syncing my emails

OP
M

mrchaotica

Get a Palm OS one, whatever you do. I just got my first Mac, and I just found out that my PocketPC (before you flame me, I only got it because it was really cheap) won't sync with it.

I personally think the Tungsten E is cool, but that's just me (and my needs in a PDA might be different from yours)

OP
G

ghenrytaylor

I have the T3 and an iBook. Bought the iBook off eBay 4 weeks ago. They work great together, as I work out the details. My T3 is the best. I do use it as a second laptop at work, mostly excel and word.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.