Ip address

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powermacG5 2.3ghz 2gig ram running logicpro7
Hi

i have 2 mac and one pc on a network the powermac is connected via a wire to a belkin router. the macbookpro and the windows pc as wireless.

i have xbox live connected via the windows pc and i keep getting an ip address error on xbox live.

what i am thinking is that my ip address arent always the same and i need to set them up to be the same.

Reaction score
tiger2 said:
Hi

i have 2 mac and one pc on a network the powermac is connected via a wire to a belkin router. the macbookpro and the windows pc as wireless.

i have xbox live connected via the windows pc and i keep getting an ip address error on xbox live.

what i am thinking is that my ip address arent always the same and i need to set them up to be the same.

IP addresses are always re-allocated so you just set it up to a certain range....

I had this prob with my network IP addresses changing on my iMac/PC so in Zone Alarm on my PC I just entered a range of 20. This way any changes won't interfere.

Hope this helps you. I don't really know if the above is relevant for an XBox...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well when i xbox live was working my ip address on the windows pc was .3 at the end of the address i now see my macbook has that and the windows pc is now .4 so am thinking the xbox no longer works cos of the changed ip address

Reaction score
tiger2 said:
well when i xbox live was working my ip address on the windows pc was .3 at the end of the address i now see my macbook has that and the windows pc is now .4 so am thinking the xbox no longer works cos of the changed ip address

Do you have Zone Alarm or similar on your PC?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no nothing just have avg free version

cant be that as last week i had it all working, this is why am thinking its an ip thing as that is all that has changed on the network.

when running the diagnostics in xbox live it fails on the ip address

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz White MacBook, 1gb RAM, superdrive, 22in trinitron external monitor, 60gb internal, 300gb ext
could the router be blocking any more ip adresses? try logging on to it (192.168.1.1) and poking around any ip blocking option

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.