ram quality/brand

Reaction score
so i'm finding that 1gb of ram doesn't seem to cut it for my system so I'm debating on whether or not i am going to upgrade the memory to 1.5 GB.

There are brands like corsair value and corsair select and kingston branded ram.

is there really any difference in different brands of memory?
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
stevescivic said:
so i'm finding that 1gb of ram doesn't seem to cut it for my system so I'm debating on whether or not i am going to upgrade the memory to 1.5 GB.

There are brands like corsair value and corsair select and kingston branded ram.

is there really any difference in different brands of memory?
thanks

There is a certain amount of quality control with the different brands of memory. I have found Crucial to be the best in macs.. thats just my opinion. But I used to work for a 3rd party apple service center, and there were times we would upgrade the memory in customers macs. We had Kingston "value ram" and it caused kernal panics in the Powermacs, but not the older imacs. Since then I have sworn never to cheap out on the ram for my mac..(at least not buy the cheapest of the cheap) My PC is a diffrent story. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.