Just finished re-arranging my desk space to accommodate my beautiful iMac...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Just thought I would post a few pics of my newly arranged workspace.

Since the iMac came yesterday I had to re-arrange everything and sort out my plug sockets.

It has taken about 5 hours to do completely mainly because of the wires from my PC, I looked behind my desk and it was spaghetti junction! So I had the lovely task of un-ravelling them all, sorting out what was necessary and what was "just there" then after re-arranging the desks I had to sort out all the wiring in as neat & tidy way as possible.

I think I have done a pretty good job and the new workspace allows for me to use my Mac as my main computer (naturally) and my Windows machine for cross platform testing & a simple file server/storage area.

So here are some pics for you (the one with all the wires was taken to show you just how crazy it is at the back of my PC! & that’s when I have given them a tidy up! lol, you can also see my new surge-protector gang socket. It's amazing! It has 10 sockets with 2 specially spaced ones at the bottom for those pesky bulky adaptor plugs. Genius!)

Regards,

Chris. :mac:

DSC02157.JPG

DSC02158.JPG

DSC02161.JPG

Reaction score
MrChris said:
Just thought I would post a few pics of my newly arranged workspace.

Since the iMac came yesterday I had to re-arrange everything and sort out my plug sockets.

It has taken about 5 hours to do completely mainly because of the wires from my PC, I looked behind my desk and it was spaghetti junction! So I had the lovely task of un-ravelling them all, sorting out what was necessary and what was "just there" then after re-arranging the desks I had to sort out all the wiring in as neat & tidy way as possible.

I think I have done a pretty good job and the new workspace allows for me to use my Mac as my main computer (naturally) and my Windows machine for cross platform testing & a simple file server/storage area.

So here are some pics for you (the one with all the wires was taken to show you just how crazy it is at the back of my PC! & that’s when I have given them a tidy up! lol, you can also see my new surge-protector gang socket. It's amazing! It has 10 sockets with 2 specially spaced ones at the bottom for those pesky bulky adaptor plugs. Genius!)

Regards,

Chris. :mac:

Neat set-up! You are rockin'and'rollin' now! BTW I couldn't see the red Gibby?

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Pulse-8 said:
Neat set-up! You are rockin'and'rollin' now! BTW I couldn't see the red Gibby?

lol! It's actually an Epiphone Dot (I can't afford Gibson prices yet!)

Here's some pictures for you, enjoy!

DSC02162.JPG

DSC02164.JPG

Reaction score
MrChris said:
lol! It's actually an Epiphone Dot (I can't afford Gibson prices yet!)

Here's some pictures for you, enjoy!

Nice! Here's mine...the first ever electric guitar that I bought...it's an Aria Pro II...

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Nice!

How long have you been playing?

I have been playing for about 3 years now and love it! I'm not in a band or anything, I just like to sit and practice, learn songs and generally have a mess about with different sounds and things. I can't wait to hook my dot upto Garage Band :mac: & maybe have a jam with my housemate now and then who also plays guitar/bass.

Reaction score
MrChris said:
Nice!

How long have you been playing?

I have been playing for about 3 years now and love it! I'm not in a band or anything, I just like to sit and practice, learn songs and generally have a mess about with different sounds and things. I can't wait to hook my dot upto Garage Band :mac: & maybe have a jam with my housemate now and then who also plays guitar/bass.

Been playin' for around 30yrs..GarageBand's great, with all the amp simulations and stuff...it's great to have someone to jam with. Pick up your dot whenever you can and play anything...it all helps in the long run. One of my highlights was being in a band with my brothers....we are all guitarists but one had branched out to drums, another could play bass, one had a half decent voice and played rhythm and then there was myself on lead/rhythm..we did originals and did a few gigs. Then we reverted to the old family in-fighting thing and that was it. At least someone taped it.

Jem

Reaction score
Niiice :) I've just started getting into Garageband too, been playing guitar for years and I just bought a Tascam US-122L Audio / Midi interface box and have my iMac hooked up to a Yamaha keyboard, my bass guitar and a mike for the acoustic / other noises work.

I've been well impressed by the sound quality, although occasionally Garageband does seem to glitch on its audio output, but this may be down to other apps running at the same time, not sure yet.

Reaction score
Jem said:
Niiice :) I've just started getting into Garageband too, been playing guitar for years and I just bought a Tascam US-122L Audio / Midi interface box and have my iMac hooked up to a Yamaha keyboard, my bass guitar and a mike for the acoustic / other noises work.

I've been well impressed by the sound quality, although occasionally Garageband does seem to glitch on its audio output, but this may be down to other apps running at the same time, not sure yet.

Haven't we just high-jacked MrChris' thread!..lol...GarageBand needs max memory or it can't handle things....I probably need a Mac Pro to really get things going in a big way...but I'm happy with the sounds so far.

Jem

Reaction score
Uhoh I'm sure MrChris won't mind... it's all his fault we started the GarageBand chat! :) Maybe we should start a new garageband thread though...

I've maxed out on 2GB and I'm running a 2.0GHz 20" Dual Core iMac so I'd have thought this was more than enough power for the 4 tracks I've been playing with, if not I'd be more than a little disappointed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.