Deleted files still there?

P

PixureTakr

If anyone has a clue, I'd love to hear it.
I have a wireless network at home consisting of a PC with Windows XP and two Apple iBooks.
I tranferred about 30 gigs of images from one iBook to my Windows machine and then from the PC, deleted the transferred iBook images by dragging the folders into the trash on the PC.
The folders disappeared from the iBook desktop, but the hard drive still shows that I have used 35 of the 74 gigs I have on the machine.
I do not have 35 gigs stored on this iBook.
Although the images appear to be gone (they don't show up on a search), they still appear to taking up space on the drive.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
David

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
If you restart, or relaunch Finder, the space should become available.

OP
P

PixureTakr

surfwax95 said:
If you restart, or relaunch Finder, the space should become available.

Thanks for the reply .. I'm way beyond that .. this happened 4 days ago and nothing I can think of has worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Well alright.

Take a look at Disk Inventory X, a utility to help you figure out what's taking up space on your HD.

OP
P

PixureTakr

OK .. ran the program .. I have a file of 26 gigs named .sparseimage. Says it is a sparse disk image - disk image mounter.
Is that my problem or is that correct?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.