Bad 10.3 Installation

I

iScott

10.3 has been acting up, so I wanted to reinstall OSX. I found the OSX disc and was going to reinstall Panther. Well, everything was going great. It did it's initial restart, I went downstairs. I came back up and the screen was black. Computer was still on. Monitor was still on.

I've tried 2 other monitors and still nothing. Finally I did a restart (with the little button on the tower) and I heard the chimes, the monitor light went green for about 4 seconds, then went back to amber. I've tried restarting with the disc still in, with disc 2 in, and without any discs in. I've detached my firewire CD drive and the ethernet. Nothing at all. I've even tried booting from the disc. Just blackness.

I also tried Target Mode but that didn't work, either. Please tell me there's something I can do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Have you tried the Hardware test? Just in case...

OP
I

iScott

novicew said:
Have you tried the Hardware test? Just in case...
No, I haven't tried that. I highly doubt it will allow me to. It's not letting me do anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.