My Lovely New iMac! (Pics Included)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey guys,

Just wanted to show my new iMac!

It arrived yesterday morning and so far has "wowed" everyone that has seen it (including me lol)

Here are a few pics :mac:

One thing that really impressed me was the time it took for me to set the iMac up, because I’m used to setting up PC's that take a good 5-10 minutes plugging everything in the back, then another minute or so to boot up. The iMac was literally one plug! (The power cable). It then detected my wireless keyboard & mouse and away we went! Pure brilliance!

My friend called in for a visit on is way home and was amazed by the iMac lol; he was looking for the "computer" as he thought the Mac was just the monitor lol. I think I may have converted him as he said that for the price he may thing of getting an iMac (and he has never used Mac in his life!)

So yes, all in all a success story!

My PC feels a little left out now though because the Mac has taken centre stage (I will have to find another important job for the PC to do so it doesn’t feel as left out lol)

That’s all for now,

Regards,

Chris. :mac:

DSC02151.JPG

DSC02155.JPG

DSC02153.JPG

DSC02156.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
very nice

stunning

yes, :mac: your pc has been well and truly blown away

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20in C2D iMac, base model. 30gb Video iPod.
I bought a 20in Intel iMac just recently, and my PC has barely been switched on since. I've now sold the PC, I'll be a bit sad to see it go but the iMac is just awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Congrats MrChris!!!!!!!!!!

Seraphic said:
I bought a 20in Intel iMac just recently, and my PC has barely been switched on since. I've now sold the PC, I'll be a bit sad to see it go but the iMac is just awesome.

I am the exact same way... I have been so enthralled with my new iMac that I literally have not turned on the home PC for over 2 weeks. :D

Reaction score
Congrats. I thought those pics were from my house cause I upgraded from my Dell to the 24" iMac. Best of luck with it.

Reaction score
Nice looking! Thanks for sharing. There seems to be no pride greater then the pride of a Mac owner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
iMacs are a thing of beauty aren't they? Great pics, thanks. I am still trying to find an excuse to get one for myself, but my PowerMac will have to do for now!!

Reaction score
Nice pics. I got the same model a couple of weeks ago and am loving it.
The only thing that has annoyed me slightly is that I've had to put a book under the screen base as it was sending a humming sound through the table when sitting directly on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Congrats!! Love the pics, your iMac looks awesome :)

Reaction score
Are those photos a spot-the-difference competition?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Snow. 500 MHz DV Special Edition OS X.3.9 640 RAM 130GB
congrats, thanks for the pics :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
Very nice my man, iMac's are always a good buy in my mind. We just got one like yours in September with a 500GB hard drive. What kind of stuff did you buy it to do? How do you like it's performance with things thus far?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, 2.0 core 2 duo, 4 GB Ram, 320 GB HD
Very nice my man, iMac's are always a good buy in my mind. We just got one like yours in September with a 500GB hard drive. What kind of stuff did you buy it to do? How do you like it's performance with things thus far?

Hope you don't mind my cutting in. I'm very close to getting a mac & am pretty sure it will be the 24" iMac. I want to do some serious video editing, up to a feature length video with multiple audio tracks. My only hesitation is that I might be limiting myself on future upgrades & may just wish I had saved up for more the Mac Pro. But the thing seems so powerful right out of the box, it doesn't seem like I'd be wanting for a very long time, especially if I go with the 2 GB Ram. Got any advice? What kind of stuff do you have planned for yours?

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Well, the course I'm on is titled "BA(Hons) Interactive Multimedia"

Which can have me doing all sorts from building websites, creating Flash or Director applications to hard core Photoshop work and the odd splash of video editing.

So I basically bought the iMac because I think it can handle all this and more with ease. Obviously if you want to go for a Mac Pro it will be awesome for video editing. But I personally would have no worries using my iMac for video editing.

& I can't wait until Photoshop CS3 comes out so it will finally be able to run with the speed the C2D can give it!

Regards,

Chris.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
congrats. im getting a 17" at xmas, cant wait !

have fun, post some more pics once used a little bit.

cheers

ctm

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.