Managing photos

E

ezflyer

We have an iMac that a number of family members have been storing photos on. They are all in one account but some are in iPhoto folders, some in an application from the digital camera we have and some appear to be duplicated.

I there an application or procedure I can use to manage these photos to make sure that we do not have multiple copies of the photos.

thanks for any suggestions

Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Reaction score
ezflyer said:
We have an iMac that a number of family members have been storing photos on. They are all in one account but some are in iPhoto folders, some in an application from the digital camera we have and some appear to be duplicated.

I there an application or procedure I can use to manage these photos to make sure that we do not have multiple copies of the photos.

thanks for any suggestions

Bill

To stop the duplicates you need to decide whether you're going to use iPhoto or your digital cameras software app to manage your pics.

If you choose iPhoto, once they are imported they are catalogued in special iPhoto folders, so you won't need to store them in any other location and if you have them sitting in a folder or on your desktop then just delete those cos they are going to be duplicates of the iPhoto library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
iPhoto can probably handle the importing of your pictures as well, so I would ditch that program & just use iPhoto for everything.

Just drag all the pics from the other app into iPhoto, and then use a tool to go through the duplicates and sort them out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.