Click Button Cable

M

mac615

I got my Macbook Pro about 9 weeks ago. This is my first post here at Mac Forums. I been having a problem, maybe I'm just paranoid or picky.

At first I thought my clicker button cable was looked loose, so I remove the battery and took off that semi-transparent sheet sheet off so I can adjust the connector. Now it wouldn't stick back on!

Now here is the worst part. It turns out that the clicker cable was already connect well, since I carefully reconnect the cable and it looks no different than how it was before. But when I was seating the inner (sticky) side of the cable back onto that metal plate, it looks like some scratches got on that inner sticky side of the cable. It was like a matte black, now I see a little of that matte black chipped off.

Without the tranparent protective sheet, which I have just ordered it my local Apple store and still waiting on it, the click function still works, but it just REALLY bugs me that the inner side of the cable has some matte black scraped off.

I really feel like selling this unit and get myself a new one. I spent $2500 on the and expect to have a perfect unit, now knowing something is imperfect about this unit, it really bothers me. Am I being too picky or paranoid?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
mac615 said:
At first I thought my clicker button cable was looked loose, so I remove the battery and took off that semi-transparent sheet sheet off so I can adjust the connector. Now it wouldn't stick back on!

Now here is the worst part. It turns out that the clicker cable was already connect well....
I spent $2500 on the and expect to have a perfect unit, now knowing something is imperfect about this unit, it really bothers me. Am I being too picky or paranoid?
It would seem that the unit was functioning fine and in working order until...
mac615 said:
when I was seating the inner (sticky) side of the cable back onto that metal plate, it looks like some scratches got on that inner sticky side of the cable. It was like a matte black, now I see a little of that matte black chipped off.
I think you are a being a little bit of both picky and paranoid.
If you did think that there was something wrong with the machine, then you would have had warranty service to contact, rather than toy with it yourself. That way, there would not have been any damage done to the computer (cosmetic or otherwise) and the issue would have been resolved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
i certainly dont want to sound offensive in any way....but.....your definately being picky and paranoid. if you try to keep your laptop free of any cosmetic flaws whatsoever, your going to drive yourself nuts. (as we speak i am typing on my macbook pro with greasy pizza fingers....oops). if it works fine, just use the computer.....it will be obselete in a few years, so enjoy it while you can :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
it wont be obsolete in a few years, you just may want a new one by then....

i think you are being a lil too picky here...

also, what is a clicker button cable?
-chris

OP
M

mac615

Yea I know that I'm being pick and paraoid. Should have just taken it to get it to service center and get it checked out in the first place. The protective sheet doesn't stick on anymore, I got that part ordered, should be replaceable easily. Clicker cable is that thin cable located under the battery, that I don't know how I'm gonna get it replaced. I'm just basically bummed out that I only owned this laptop for several weeks and spent so much money on it, now it's not in its original state.

BTW, I'm using the laptop without that protective sheet under the battery, is it safe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
I have a powerbook and I don't know what the clicker cable is either. Can I find it on my powerbook if I take off my battery?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.