iMac has arrived. Return was unecessary.

Reaction score
I recieved my replacement 24" iMac on Monday. I returned it because I was gettting kernel panics and didn't know why. Applecare was unable to resolve the issue so they sent me a new one. Well, this one did it too. Same problem with the exact same cause.

To make a long story short, it was only my Airport Extreme base station. It just needed to be reset.

At least this new one doesn't have any dead/stuck pixels. The last one had about five of them in a little patch at the bottom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
ripfrankwhite said:
I recieved my replacement 24" iMac on Monday. I returned it because I was gettting kernel panics and didn't know why. Applecare was unable to resolve the issue so they sent me a new one. Well, this one did it too. Same problem with the exact same cause.

To make a long story short, it was only my Airport Extreme base station. It just needed to be reset.

At least this new one doesn't have any dead/stuck pixels. The last one had about five of them in a little patch at the bottom.

Where did you buy it from? I am having a problem with Macmall.com.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
ripfrankwhite said:
It was a BTO from Apple.

I'm sorry but what is a BTO?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.