Tiger deleting my files HELP!

S

sturgo

Hi,

I just did an upgrade from panther to tiger on my 12" G4 Powerbook a couple of weeks ago. This morning I noticed something wierd happening. Tonns of my files have disappeared from my hard drive. The loss of these files hasn't freed up any disk space either. It's a 60GB drive with approximately 10GB in use. But finder tells me that I've only 2GB left. Sh1te!!!

Has anybody heard of this happening before? Any ideas on how I might rectify this? Was thinking of zero-ing the free space on the drive. Thankfully everything has been backed up.

Thanks.

S

Reaction score
If you have everything backed up I'd suggest doing a clean install and make sure the drive is formatted before installing OSX. It's in the options when installing.

OP
S

sturgo

got it sorted thanx. i was messing around with different users & my files somehoe went awol. fixed it with a nice app called WhatSize.

Reaction score
Yes, different users do take up extra space. I use two myself. One for work and one for internet. That way I can have the dock, games, emails and internet stuff separate to my work files. Have fun messing. :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.