• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac magazines

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I'm new to the forums and to Mac in general.

I want to subscribe to a Mac-related magazine, but I have no idea which one is the best (or at least a good one)

I'm considering either MacWorld or MacAddict.

Can any of you give me your opinion? Which is the better one?

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I personally prefer MacWorld. Its content seems to address the needs of both New users and the Profis. However you can also get annoyed by the large amount of Ads.

If you have access to internet, there are plenty of online resources, which are more actual and interactive. Therefore I choosed to subscribe to some Mac News sites and I will get all the actual news before MacWorld publish them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
They're all too expensive...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I'm biased, but I think iCreate is a great magazine. Future Publishing's mags fromt he UK are, IMO, generally the best quality Mac magazines on the market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've given up on Mac Magazines. I still occasionally buy an issue of iCreate, but not very often....

Reaction score
I too was in a similar situation and I chose to subscribe to Macworld...but only for one year...i'll judge later if i want to continue. I usually prefer to look at a magazine versus some online mediums...plus i don't need a computer to look at a magazine which is very convenient for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.