video streaming via chat?

Reaction score
Hiya guys im new to this forum and mac had mine for 6 months and finaly found somthing my mac cant do that my toshiba could do.

Basicly i want to be able to stream videos through msn or yahoo or ispq to friends .

I used to do this on my pc using a prog called fakewebcam but can for the life of me find anything like this for mac.

Any one know of any software that will do this for me?

Thank you

Danny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I don't think it's that macs can't do it, it's the software. MSN doesn't allow for webcams, but I think aMSN does. Yahoo does too.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by streaming videos through an app. Do you mean you have a movie file on your HD, that you want to stream to someone else?
There's software for mac which allows you to broadcast what's happening on your screen (or even a portion of it) to others - probably as webcam input. Only problem, I can't remember the name of it :p I don't have it for my mac now since it required a registration fee.

Others here will probably know of something free or at least know the name of this software to help you out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.