• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Lost data in Microsoft Entourage

S

slade

A friend of mine recently had a problem with his Mac. It had completely frozen and upon rebooting was dead. The only available option seemd to be to inser the system restore disk. On insering this it asked if I wanted to keep all the data which of course I did.

However, on opening Entourage, all of the emails, addresses etc had disappeared.

I am a PC user and assumed that OS9 would look after all application data.

Can anyopne tell me if all of his emails, files etc have been lost, or if they are at all recoverable?

Many thanks

Neil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
ha... no idea.. I have never had a problem like this and not been able to find emails... my best guess is to do a search with the finder (unlike PC it will find every file related to the term you entered...) it is OS9... so...

OP
S

Stanley

All the entourage data should be in
HardDisk/users/youraccount/documents/microsoft user data/officeX identities (or something similar).

Maybe you made a new user account but you should be able to retreive the old data on the other account.

good luck

OP
S

slade

Stanley said:
All the entourage data should be in
HardDisk/users/youraccount/documents/microsoft user data/officeX identities (or something similar).

Maybe you made a new user account but you should be able to retreive the old data on the other account.

good luck

Thanks Ive found it!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.