5 Months, all I think of, 5 months!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, 2.16GHz, 2GB Ram, 500GB Serial ATA, 256MB Video Ram
Okay, I'm getting my iMac in March, as you can read in the title, that will be 5 months from now.
I was wondering, I know you guys dont know for sure, but, do you think by March there will be a new iMac?

Thanks,
Nate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Nate said:
Okay, I'm getting my iMac in March, as you can read in the title, that will be 5 months from now.
I was wondering, I know you guys dont know for sure, but, do you think by March there will be a new iMac?

Thanks,
Nate

Merely a guess on my part, but I doubt by March... We just had a revision/update about a month ago... but it is truly anyones guess.

OP
Nate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info (guess) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I would imagine there would be a processor speed increase by March. No one can tell you for sure, but I would say its very possible.

OP
Nate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cool, thanks for the info of what you think! :)

Reaction score
I don't know if by March, but seeing that Leopard will be here in spring, I kind of "wait" a new iMac coming with Leopard.
Just my guess though... That's why I'm waiting until Leopard is released before getting my Mac and switching from Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
manueljapan said:
I don't know if by March, but seeing that Leopard will be here in spring, I kind of "wait" a new iMac coming with Leopard.
Just my guess though... That's why I'm waiting until Leopard is released before getting my Mac and switching from Windows.

Pure speculation but, if I were SJ, I'd couple up the next iMac boost with intro of Leopard. IMHO, it would be a marketing home-run. Better for Mac users plus more-or-less make it pointless to buy a PC. Actually have no idea, but my personal budget will be ready.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Aside from Leopard I don't see why. They already have Meroms and the screen size is up to 24" now. What else can they add? :)

Reaction score
How come you have to wait 5 months?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Well, In the past iMacs have been updated more frequently than others. As you can see from the list below there is a high probability that they release something new within the next 6 months.

iMac G5 (Ambient Light Sensor) announced in May 2005
iMac G5 (iSight) announced in October 2005
iMac (Intel) announced in January 2006
iMac (Mid 2006) announced in July 2006
iMac (Late 2006) with core 2 duo announced in September 2006

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'd definitely expect a new iMac within the next 5 months... it's just in the nature of the industry...

kaidomac said:
Aside from Leopard I don't see why. They already have Meroms and the screen size is up to 24" now. What else can they add?

Quad processors? 30" iMacs? 4GB RAM? A new enclosure? The possibilities are endless :)

Actually I'd expect them to come out with an iMac with 2 harddrives (maybe easily swappable) at some point, simply because it makes it "Time machine capable" out of the box.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.