Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
just try searchin for it on google or yahoo or 1 of them

something might come up

OP
P

Paul Moretti

I did, but I could only find ones you pay for. Thats why I asked here. Thanks for your reply though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah I use PodTube and it works well.. once in awhile it messes up especially with the longer movies, but it's pretty good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I've done this manually by following instructions in this Macworld magazine I purchased while on holiday

mwplus21cover-120w.gif

However this looks a lot simpler. Thanks for the link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
Help! I used podtube with youtube my Safari, but I only received 'get_video' files. They don't seem to be convertable to any video format.
Anyone got this and how do you remedy this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 ghz 1.25 RAM 60 GB
zacman said:
Help! I used podtube with youtube my Safari, but I only received 'get_video' files. They don't seem to be convertable to any video format.
Anyone got this and how do you remedy this?

Can't you just use iSquint? Or am I being dumb . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
Okay, I got it. I had to rename the 'get_video' file and add .flv at the end. Then I had to put that file thru my isquint.

BTW... another way to get youtube videos in Safari is to:
1. Go to youtube.com and select the video you want
2. Let it load fully
3. Go to window in the menu bar and select Activity
4. Look for the video file (usually the largest file)
5. Double click that file and it downloads automatically.

Simple :ninja:

p.s. this also works with any other video site like googlevideo, etc.

Reaction score
I've been using "PodTube".. Works great, but seems to be saving the completed videos to my trash bin.. Then linking them to iTunes.. So I go and empty my trashbin unsuspecting anything, and boom, all the videos are instantly gone.. Something to keep an eye out for if you use this program.. :) I also can't stand Safari.. And I'm stuck using it when I want to snag videos.. But small price to pay.. I can finally take the cool videos I've found with me on the go.. Very nice. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
I use tubesock: it works great, and you can save the audio exclusively if you want. There is one downside, though. You can only get the first 30 seconds of anything if you use the free trial. You have to fork over 15$ for the full version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.