Adobe Creative Suite and Macbook Pro

D

Datboi.GraphicD

I just recieved my MBP yesterday, and I bought the Adobe Creative Suite along with it. I notice that the adobe programs do not run as fast as they do on the powerbook why is this? Also if there is any system upgrades that can help please let me know. Thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Creative Suite is running under Rosetta so it will be slower on the intel machines until Adobe updates to CS3 (sometime in 2007)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
the programs were written for powerpc, so there is an emulation program called rosetta that trpnmonkey41 mentioned. it emulates the powerpc achitechture on the intel-macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Datboi.GraphicD said:
so your saying to go and DL this Rosetta??

No it is built-in to the OS... That is what is allowing you to run CS2 now.

Since it is emulation it is slower than running native....

To be clear... You are all set.. nothing to download, just run CS2, even though it is just a bit slow.

Reaction score
.... a side question for this post...
Does Adobe Photoshop CS run ok on the MBP? or is it also delayed and laggy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Photoshop is part of Adobe Creative Suite so it is what the original thread is talking about

Reaction score
trpnmonkey41 said:
Photoshop is part of Adobe Creative Suite so it is what the original thread is talking about

I'm sorry, I thought that CS2 was apart of the suite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
photoshop runs great on my macbook pro.....my buddy has a G5 powermac, and it definately runs faster with a native powerpc chip, but it runs just great with the macbook pro. (i have 1.5GB of RAM, so that may help as well)

OP
S

sursuciofla

Intel Macs will run this software slower because of Rosetta like previous post. I feel sorry for people buying it now until they release universal in spring '07. I would encourage people to wait to buy until it is universal because you will have to pay out more money for CS3, if you want a native App.

While trying to get a key to unlock CS2 this is a question that struck me as odd:

Adobe Support: What can I help you with today?

Me: When I put in my CS serial number to allow upgrade to CS2 it says the number is invalid.

Adobe Support: What program are you upgrading?

Me: Creative Suite

Adobe Support: Is this Photoshop or full Suite?

Okay now at this point I am like OMG! Creative "SUITE"...Had I meant one program from the Suite I would have said Illustrator CS2, etc. You mean to tell me Adobe people don't know their own software? CS2 = Creative Suite 2, Photoshop CS2 is one program from the suite with suffix CS2 to identify version. I guess next time I call I will dummy down my terminology.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
05GT said:
I'm sorry, I thought that CS2 was apart of the suite.

CS2 is a suite of which Photoshop is a part of. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
i just downloaded windows xp SP2 into my macbook pro and use adobe creative suite on it. It's really fast..

I'll use it until CS3, which should be universal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Glad I spotted this thread I was going to purchase this but if it's better on Windows, I'll get it for that.

OT: Is Macromedia Studio 8 any better for Windows or Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
BIG D 04 said:
Glad I spotted this thread I was going to purchase this but if it's better on Windows, I'll get it for that.

OT: Is Macromedia Studio 8 any better for Windows or Mac?

I use it on my windows.. dreamweaver, flash, director MX.. I assumed it wouldn't be universal for the macbook pro and installed it on my windows along with adobe creative suite.

It is fast, though i can't guarentee if the mac side is faster.

It's great though, i put 20GB for my windows partition and just use it for adobe creative suite and macromedia studio programs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.