Replacing icons

Reaction score
I've replaced the iCal icon with a new one, but as soon as I start the app it turns back to the old icon. How do I replace the running iCal icon as well as the non-running icon?

Also want to change the trash can icon, but how do you do both? IE: Empty trash can and full trash can?

Cheers
Liam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Liam said:
I've replaced the iCal icon with a new one, but as soon as I start the app it turns back to the old icon. How do I replace the running iCal icon as well as the non-running icon?

Also want to change the trash can icon, but how do you do both? IE: Empty trash can and full trash can?

Cheers
Liam

The Trash (empty & full) is easy w/ Candybar: http://www.panic.com/candybar/
Just Drag-n-drop...
272195541_e1e28f553d_o.png

iCal has it's standard (dormant) icon that can easily be changed (as you know), but I'm not sure how to change the "in use" icon for iCal, that defaults to Todays Date. I'd be interested in this aswell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
If you right click on iCal and View Package Contents, in the Resources folder within the content folder, there is a file called App-empty.icns. I believe that if you change this and the icon to the desired replacement that after a restart it should be changed. I am not 100% that it will stay that way because after I did it, I decided I liked the original better and changed it back so don't quote me on this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.