Photobooth acting strangely...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Some effects are very odd looking on photobooth, and some aren't even showing up....please help! I tried repairing permissions...Here are some pics:

2cqlndc.png

4hm1kdj.png

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Fixed this problem myself. A force-shutdown did the job, if anyone's wondering.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, so although I've fixed this temporarily many times, it keeps coming back after a while. Does anyone have any clue why this would do that or how to fix it? I tried resetting the PRU (can't quite remember if that's what it was called) or whatever, the thing that helps with isight, and it fixed it only for a few hours....help!!

Reaction score
Have you tried seeing if there is any software updates for it?

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, unfortuneately i have the latest version. i can always restart and this problem will be fixed temporarily, but naturally i'd prefer not to have to...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
would reinstalling address any problems? Perhaps some part of the app was somehow deleted? You should be able to find an installer on the software CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Have you tried deleting your photobooth preference file? If that doesnt work you should be able to just re-install photobooth if you get pacifist and just extract that program from the disk. Make sure you delete your preference files before you open the new photobooth. If you do a spotlight search for photobooth they should show up and then drag them to the trash. The link for Pacifist is below good luck.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6812

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the help. Does the preference file end in .plist? If so, then I'll delete that, and if that doesn't work I'll reinstall.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I deleted the preference file and reinstalled photobooth using pacifist, and the problem is still happening! argh!

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i guess i give up, i can just restart if i want to use photobooth.....so lame.

Reaction score
Fromasta Flex said:
i guess i give up, i can just restart if i want to use photobooth.....so lame.

This is bad...I'm sorry no-one could solve this one for you....what Mac do you have?

The following is my last suggestion, I'm afraid:

(PRAM/NVRAM)

Finally, you can perform two system adjustments that help some mysterious problems:

Try to reset your PRAM:

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
3. Press the power button to turn the computer on. You will hear the computer’s startup sound.
4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
6. Release the keys.

Also reset the NVRAM (Will not work with an Intel Mac):

First, shut down your computer. Then boot up, and press and hold the Command-Option-O-F keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.

Then, do the following

1. At the Open Firmware prompt, type: reset-nvram
2. Press Return.
3. At the Open Firmware prompt, type: set-defaults
4. Press Return.
5. At the Open Firmware prompt, type: reset-all
6. Press Return.
7. If your computer does not automatically restart, then type: mac-boot

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm....i have a black 2 ghz macbook, i'll guess i'll try that last suggestion (obviously not the non-intel part), as long as its safe?

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
this may have worked, it hasn't come back yet. i'll keep you posted.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To my horror, the problem has returned. It must be a problem with isight, since reinstalling photobooth did nothing. Does anyone have any more suggestions? :(

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hate to be an annoyance, but I'm still having this problem so I thought I'd bring it up again...can anyone help me??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I think you're right in now thinking it's the iSight. As far as I can see, it's the only remaining logical source of the problem. Perhaps a call or visit to your mac store is in order?

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This doesn't make any sense to me, but I've discovered that this happens if I open EyeTV. I started my computer, everything was fine, I opened photobooth it worked perfectly. Closed photobooth. Opened EyeTV. Reopened photobooth, problem is there! I restarted my computer and went through the same process again in disbelief, and it happened the same! How could EyeTV be affecting photobooth??

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In case anyone's wondering, I emailed the people at EyeTV and yep, it was causing the problem. I guess Photo Booth uses the usb and if EyeTV is going it overwhelms it. This doesn't explain why even after quitting out of EyeTV the problem would occur, but he had me download the beta version of the newest EyeTV and it appears to have fixed it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.