Powerbook Sound Problem, But, not the typical one!

Reaction score
I've searched the forum, and obviously many powerbook users have had the problems where their speakers won't work, and then after plugging in the audio jack a few times the speakers come back to life. Well, I have that problem tooo, but now, when i plug in the audio jack, my left side external speaker or headphones wont work? Anybody know how i would be able to fix that? Thank you for any suggestions!

Vince

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
sounds like a hardware problem.....any chance your still under warranty??

Reaction score
vinny.dtw said:
I've searched the forum, and obviously many powerbook users have had the problems where their speakers won't work, and then after plugging in the audio jack a few times the speakers come back to life. Well, I have that problem tooo, but now, when i plug in the audio jack, my left side external speaker or headphones wont work? Anybody know how i would be able to fix that? Thank you for any suggestions!

Vince

As sixslinger mentioned warranty, if you have an active one, and you live not too far from the applestore, then let them deal with it.

OP
V
Reaction score
problem is im out of warranty by a month.....This laptop is getting very frustrating. I've had sooo many little problems with it, it's rediculous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
well if your out of warranty, then it wont hurt to take it apart and check some stuff out.....if you have a bit of technical knowhow, you may be able to find a broken wire leading to the output jack, or you may be able to replace the jack altogether...i really dont know how the input jacks are installed on a powerbook though

OP
V
Reaction score
I attempted that too, it seems like the audio output jack is soldered to something, and im not that technical to take it apart :) Unless someone has a diagrahm of how to do it??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.