Folder color

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 macbook
well you can right click and change the background of the text. Beyond that I dont know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
appleXcore said:
can i change the color of the folders from blue to something else?

If you use the program CandyBar you can customize all your icons.

If you want to change an individual folder's icon, you must first download some .icns (pictures in icon format) then do these steps to change them.
1. bring up the info for both the folder and the icon you want to change to. You do this by highlighting the folder and the icon and hitting apple-i, or rightclick > get info
2. select the little picture in the top left of the icon's info (when selected it will be outlined in blue). Hit the key command for copy (apple-c).
3. now select the little blue folder pic in your folder's info. paste the icon you copied onto it (apple-v) and it will change the folder's icon

you can find tons of mac .icns at interfacelift

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
Thank you Cherry, great tip

Reaction score
changing folder colours

Don't pay for software to do this (unless you want to really jazz your desktop appearances up I guess) it's pretty simple to do it manually once you know how.
This video explains:
YouTube - Mac Tip: Color Folders

or search TechTalkGuy and scan through his mac uploads.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.