hardrive?

Reaction score
so, i need to replace my hard drive but i dont know what kind of hard drive i need for my 12" iBook 1.33 PowerPC G4 - anybody have any advice?​
Screenshot_1.png

OP
W
Reaction score
harddrive: seagate vs. fujitsu

so i am looking for hard drives to replace my current failing hard drive and came accross these two:

Fujitsu MHV2080AT 80GB 4200 RPM 8MB Cache High Shock Tolerance Notebook Hard Drive - OEM: $70 shipped
http://dealnews.com/deals/Fujitsu-80-GB-2-5-IDE-Internal-Hard-Drive-for-70-shipped/136359.html

Seagate Momentus 5400.3 ST980815A 80GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache ATA-6 Notebook Hard Drive - OEM: $80 shipped
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148128

so i will be performing the surgery on my beloved ibook and was concerned that if i get the seagate jumpers and/or other things might look different that the current fujitsu hd that my computer has and also curious to find out whether 1200RPMs are worth $10 ... any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Just a note... I am merging your threads since they are on the same topic and they make more sense to be together.
:black:

OP
W
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
Just a note... I am merging your threads since they are on the same topic and they make more sense to be together.
:black:
so i just recived my HD today and was about to install it, when i inserted my iBook G4 Mac OS X Install Disc and performed a 'repair disc' function from the disk utility...it appears that my HD isnt failing anymore :-/

anyway, so i have a couple of questions that i have not been able to find:

* i want to reformat the original HD, how do i do that?

* i also want to install the new HD - once I have installed the new HD, what steps should i follow to install all software necessary? i boot up, insert iBook G4 MacOSX Disc one, boot up and follow instructions? what is the process of installation of a new HD?

Thanks...

[new disc utility pic]
Screenshot_2.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.