Noob question-about Mail-I'm scared!!!

Reaction score
OK, I just bought my first mac! I love it! I have the MacBook and am learning the Mail. I have everything up and running the only thing I'm having trouble with is creating 'sub-folders' under my Inbox. In other words, folders I can create to pull email out of the Inbox and file them in a folder under the Inbox to keep clutter down. I'm a PC guy who's just not gettin' it. Can it be done? Thanks for any help for this noob.

Lee

Reaction score
husky123 said:
OK, I just bought my first mac! I love it! I have the MacBook and am learning the Mail. I have everything up and running the only thing I'm having trouble with is creating 'sub-folders' under my Inbox. In other words, folders I can create to pull email out of the Inbox and file them in a folder under the Inbox to keep clutter down. I'm a PC guy who's just not gettin' it. Can it be done? Thanks for any help for this noob.

Lee

Open up Mail, highlight your inbox and go to File>New>Folder and all you need to do is name it then navigate the drop-down menus (create as a subfolder of) to nominate where you want the folder to be.

OP
H
Reaction score
Pulse,

I've tried that and I don't even have a New option under File. I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong here. Obviously as a former PC user I'm thinking about it too much or sumtin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
All you need to do is click the "plus" sign (+) at the bottom of your Mail window. Create a new mailbox(same as a folder) and voila!... new place to orgranize your mail.
:black:

Picture 1.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.