Black or white

Reaction score
Hey guys. Sorry if this has already been posted, i tried a search but couldnt find anything of the sort.

Ive sold my G5 Imac on ebay, and i will be buying a new macbook...but i cant decide on a black or white one!!!! I've obviously seen the discoloration on the palm rests on the white ones, but ive also heard that the black ones are a pain to keep clean.

Anyone have any suggestions? it would help a bunch :) thanks

S

sursuciofla

Michael Jackson asked the same question. He ultimately chose white.

Honestly I would have to see them both up close. I have seen a black one in person but didn't get close look. I would go with black though. Just something out of the norm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
But then if you get white it also matches most household electricals :D and is cheaper if you build it upto the same spec's.

OP
M
Reaction score
symondavis said:
But then if you get white it also matches most household electricals :D and is cheaper if you build it upto the same spec's.

well see thats the thing...i have a white ipod, a white speaker system...and ill be getting an xbox 360 soon. so i have NO idea...all im worried about is the discoloration. if that happens ill be. :(

OP
M
Reaction score
sursuciofla said:
Michael Jackson asked the same question. He ultimately chose white.

Honestly I would have to see them both up close. I have seen a black one in person but didn't get close look. I would go with black though. Just something out of the norm.

well ive seen both upclose...and they are both equally sexalicious. hahaha. I liked the black, but w hite is just so much cleaner...out of the norm...scratches wont show up as easily on the white one either...but im still lost.

Reaction score
You know I had my heart set on a Mac Pro but some recent changes has forced me to look at a portable. I used to have a white iBook and eventually the colur fades/changes but it's not too bad. It just looks used.

If I don't get a MBP I think I'll go for the the black MB. They really look slick and I'm over the white. They just seem to look like a students laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
If you want shiny, go white. If you want matte, go black. I have a white one and wish I had a black one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
I am struggling with the same issue. I saw the black up close today and the matte is beautiful. I may go that route just because it does look different that other laptops. Plus it would match my 8 gig nano.

bone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
if i got the macbook as opposed to the macbook pro... I would have gone with black.. it just looks cooler, and I am not a fan of the white.

D

doggod1111

I just don't understand the black ones :confused: Yea, its got a 20GB larger HD, worth what $20? So basically your paying $180 for the color....personally, I've got bettere thinngs to blow my dough on.

Reaction score
Yeah it's basically just paying for a colour. I justify it by getting edu pricing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
but its the same thing as when you buy a car paying $1000 for metalic paint as opposed to standard paint.

OP
M
Reaction score
You guys have all been very helpful. :)

I've decided i will be getting the black one. i remember going to the apple retailer here in town and checking both black and white out...DEFINITELY leaning more towards black as opposed to white.

As for PowerbookG4's comment...i definitely hear ya on that one...my black focus cost an extra bone or two just for the black :p haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
PowerBookG4 said:
but its the same thing as when you buy a car paying $1000 for metalic paint as opposed to standard paint.
The difference is I paid 135$ canadian to get a limited edition color on my car, I dont see how they can charge 150$ US for a black laptop, something doesnt add up in my mind...

OP
M
Reaction score
Noxian said:
The difference is I paid 135$ canadian to get a limited edition color on my car, I dont see how they can charge 150$ US for a black laptop, something doesnt add up in my mind...

I agree with that, but i guess if you look at it, i would be paying whatever amount for a "special" out of the norm colour mac :p hehehe. thats the way i look at it :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I personally prefer the white. The black ones are cool too, but the white is unmistakably Apple.

I'm probably only thinking that way since I had an iBook for 3 years, so I feel that if you're gonna have a mac laptop (powerbooks and macbook pros excluded), it has to be white. I was just disappointed that you couldn't choose the colour for the model in the same way you can with iPods.

And as pointed out above, you can get the upgrades for the white ones - which works out even better if you're a student. The student discount I got allowed me to upgrade RAM to 1gig with the money discounted. So the upgrade was almost 'free'.

OP
M
Reaction score
dtownley1 said:
I personally prefer the white. The black ones are cool too, but the white is unmistakably Apple.

I'm probably only thinking that way since I had an iBook for 3 years, so I feel that if you're gonna have a mac laptop (powerbooks and macbook pros excluded), it has to be white. I was just disappointed that you couldn't choose the colour for the model in the same way you can with iPods.

And as pointed out above, you can get the upgrades for the white ones - which works out even better if you're a student. The student discount I got allowed me to upgrade RAM to 1gig with the money discounted. So the upgrade was almost 'free'.

See now that you say that i almost wanna go ahead and get a white one. NATION!!!! definitely wishing i was rich so i could have the best of both worlds. a black and white one to suit my moods. hahaha.

OP
M
Reaction score
Okay so the time comes...i must make a decision as i am ordering tomorrow...what to do...i'm so lost!!!

D

datorres

macpwns said:
Okay so the time comes...i must make a decision as i am ordering tomorrow...what to do...i'm so lost!!!

flip a coin. I have the macbook and It's hard to keep the fingerprints from my oily fingers from showing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
I am an apple purist...my Macbook matches my Ipods. white.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.