Xserve G5

J

jackiel

Antivirus for Xserve G5??

We just purchased an Xserve G-5 and are awaiting delivery . After checking into antivirus software I have found out there is no antivirus software available yet!!! Does anyone know of an Antivirus software that will work for the Xserve G5? I have several sources checking into it, including Apple but no word yet. All our computers on the network are virus protected, but the very idea of an unprotected server scares me. What can we do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
There really are not any viruses for the Mac platform.. so you really do not need any. I have found that AV software actually hurts the computer more then it helps it.. I wouldnt worry about it :) And I know if you are normally a PC user that scares you.. quite badly, but seriously.. it's a mac and you don't need it :)

CheerS!

OP
J

jackiel

jackiel said:
We just purchased an Xserve G-5 and are awaiting delivery . After checking into antivirus software I have found out there is no antivirus software available yet!!! Does anyone know of an Antivirus software that will work for the Xserve G5? I have several sources checking into it, including Apple but no word yet. All our computers on the network are virus protected, but the very idea of an unprotected server scares me. What can we do?
Thanks for the reply and bite your tongue, I am definatlly not a PC user. We have 11 computers on our network 10 of them are Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
*laugh* well good to hear! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Whats A Pee Cea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I bet the others not Mac are running Linux :p :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.