Using iDisk

Reaction score
OK, went ahead and joined .mac. Figuring out a lot by myself and help but one thing has me baffled. Am I right iDisk is used to backup my (selected) files to the .mac site? I am having trouble getting it to work. The help pages tell me to quote "From the Go menu, choose iDisk, and then choose My iDisk. Drag files you want to store for personal use into the Documents folder." end quote. That sounds easy but I have no file under iDisk called My iDisk. I am running 10.3.9 on a G4 PowerMac Quicksilver. Most of Mac has been very easy but this has me baffled. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
PapaNoHair said:
OK, went ahead and joined .mac. Figuring out a lot by myself and help but one thing has me baffled. Am I right iDisk is used to backup my (selected) files to the .mac site? I am having trouble getting it to work. The help pages tell me to quote "From the Go menu, choose iDisk, and then choose My iDisk. Drag files you want to store for personal use into the Documents folder." end quote. That sounds easy but I have no file under iDisk called My iDisk. I am running 10.3.9 on a G4 PowerMac Quicksilver. Most of Mac has been very easy but this has me baffled. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What do you see in the Go menu in Finder? Is iDisc an option? If it is and you select it exactly what happens.

I don't have a .mac account but iDisc is still in my menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Activate Finder, and in the finder menubar at the top of your screen you should see an entry called 'go'. Select that and then iDisk-> My iDisk.

Alternatively use the shortcut Apple+Shift+i to mount your iDisk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.