Video Card Performance.

Reaction score
What's up everyone?

I am a longtime Windows user who has a question about my MacBook Pros video card:

How do I adjust the performance settings?

On my PC I'm able to adjust vertical sync, anti-aliasing, color performance etc. but to date I've been unable to uncover a means of doing the same thing on my MacBook. My unit has the x1600 256mb card in it and I'd appreciate any useful info that could get me rolling on tweaking the card. I really feel like maybe Apple doesn't want me messing with the settings because I might mess up the whole laptop and if that's the case fine but from a PC user standpoint I'm always toying with my video card settings in attempts to achevie better performance. I'm not complaining about my performance thus far though, the computer has performed beautifully it's just in my nature to find out if it can perform even better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
How do I adjust the performance settings?
In a nutshell... you don't.
There really isn't much need to mess with that sort of thing.

You can adjust color and geometry in your System Preferences, but there isn't much more you need to mess with.
There are a few places you could look to see if some third party would offer some tweaking ability, but generally you don't need to. You are using a Mac and thinking Windows... :black:, you will have to try to work yourself out of that habit and start using a Mac while you are still thinking Mac.
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.