Slow down on my macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
I have a powermac G4 upstairs wired to my D-Link router and a wireless G4 ibook laptop that I use downstairs. The whole thing worked fine but lately I have noticed that both my macs are loading the internet pages slower. Can this be caused by the router? It has been happening for the last few weeks. What are the signs of a router going bad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
soul60s said:
I have a powermac G4 upstairs wired to my D-Link router and a wireless G4 ibook laptop that I use downstairs. The whole thing worked fine but lately I have noticed that both my macs are loading the internet pages slower. Can this be caused by the router? It has been happening for the last few weeks. What are the signs of a router going bad?

I had an old router until very recently. My computers would do that too. All I did to make it work like new again was either unplug the router or hit that little reset button on the router. I woudln't reccommend the second one because you have to redo all you internet settings. Try unplugging and then counting to 15 and then pluggin it back in. Post back and let us know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
plug your modem directly into one of your comps and see if it changes, if so, yes

otherwise make sure your router is secure and other people arent leeching your Inet connection via the wireless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.