• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Folding@home participation and Mac evangelism.

I

iMacaholic

I apologize if this post is in the wrong place in the forums. If a team already exists here, then thank you for contributing to such a worthwhile cause. I am asking all visitors here to consider joining Team MacOS X (1971) for the Folding@home project. Currently we are growing in numbers and rank and are trying to gain more recognition for Macs and MacOS X as an excellent platform for distributed computing projects. At present we are in an US (Mac) vs. THEM (PC) battle with Team Silent PC Review. Team Silent PC Review has some serious vendor muscle behind them (ARM Stealth Systems) at the moment. Please think about contributing to this project. The Pande Group at Stanford University released a new Altivec enhanced version of the core in October 2003 that speeds up work unit processing considerably on G3, G4, and G5 processors. Nearly on par with PC folding machines. No matter if you fold anonymously you will be contributing to a great cause. Feel free to drop by our forums and check things out if you wish to learn more. We have many members that will help answer any questions that you may have in this forum or the team forum. Thanks again for your time and consideration.

http://www.teammacosx.org

OP
I

iMacaholic

Thanks to all those that have joined in this worthwhile project. The response has been tremendous! Keep up the good work! Be sure to stop by the team forums and have a look around. Fold on!

OP
D

dziner

Just joined. Thanks for the link. I'm glad I can help in this project and hope it leads to some breakthroughs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.