Maximum RAM?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
soul60s said:
You are right. It is $175 to upgrade WHEN ORDERING the computer. But when you order RAM at a later time it is very expensive. I even called the apple store and was quoted $600 for 2 1 gb chips to be put in. I thought that was unbelievable so I asked for sure if it was 2 - 1gb chips and he said yes. Although I really don't think the dude knew what he was talking about because I asked him if I bought them separately and not have them put it in how much would it be. He said 600.

I agree.. Once you have already purchased the iMac, it is much better to go 3rd party for the additional RAM. Infact I think it's the only way... Apple.com doesn't even list any memory available for the new 20-24" iMacs other than single 2GB stick for $600.

OP
soul60s
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
RIDE said:
I agree.. Once you have already purchased the iMac, it is much better to go 3rd party for the additional RAM. Infact I think it's the only way... Apple.com doesn't even list any memory available for the new 20-24" iMacs other than single 2GB stick for $600.

I just posted what I bought and how much I paid in a new thread. I think I did well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
soul60s said:
I just posted what I bought and how much I paid in a new thread. I think I did well.

GREAT!

OP
soul60s
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMAC G4 dual1.25gb RAM,160gb HD,250 external HD,ibook G4, 24"iMacIntelCore2Duo,2gb ram, macmini
RIDE said:

Now I own a PowerMAc G4 dual processor, an ibook G4, an iMac 24" intel, and a mac mini G4 for my son. I just got that in the mail today. He doesn't do a whole lot on the computer except surf and email. So this computer will be fine for him. I can even see him using the 40gb hard drive. He's not into computers. Neither one is. You would think that at 19 and 24 years old, they would be into it. Their generation grew up with them. Mine didn't. But I am the one into computers.
So I pass the powermac to my husband and got the mac mini for my son. Now we can throw away the windows computer my husband was using with the 364 mb maximum ram. LOL He hates it. I have converted my whole family over to macs successfully. Now for the world! <shifty eyes> heeHee

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.