iTunes Artwork Screensaver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Hey :)

I decided earlier that i would like to use the album artwork screensaver from iTunes but its not working correctly :(

I went into iTunes n set it off to download all the artwork which it has. If i use the view where you can flick through them, it shows them all there.

However when i run the scrensaver only 2 different albums show up, no others appear :(

What do i need to do to get it to work? Ive restarted my mac since downloading the artwork and disabled/re-enabled the screensaver but it hasnt made a difference.

Any help is appreciated :)

~~ TS ~~

OP
TenderSurrender
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Dragging this back, do we know if theyve managed to fix it yet?

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
No, and there is nothing on Apples boards about this being a "problem" per-se. This is simply how thy chose to implement artwork within iTunes.

You would be better off buying an App like MPFreaker (I use it almost exclusively for artwork) and letting it go off and get the artwork for you. It embeds that artwork in the ID3 tag automatically, so you avoid the issue. It's not a free App, but worth it if you want to do what you are asking about.

Reaction score
My problem is that the itunes screensaver doesn't even show up in my screensaver preferences. Has any one ever had that problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.