iWeb, hosting photos elsewhere

Reaction score
I just recently redesigned my website using iWeb. No problems there.
However, the ISP I have (roadrunner) only gives me 5mb of web space.
Due to the amount of photos I will be posting I will be exceeding that.
I would like to host my photos in Photobucket or someplace simlar rather
than tying up my webspace with them, but I cannot figure out how to
do this in iWeb. Can anyone offer any clues?

Reaction score
roewert said:
I just recently redesigned my website using iWeb. No problems there.
However, the ISP I have (roadrunner) only gives me 5mb of web space.
Due to the amount of photos I will be posting I will be exceeding that.
I would like to host my photos in Photobucket or someplace simlar rather
than tying up my webspace with them, but I cannot figure out how to
do this in iWeb. Can anyone offer any clues?

You need a link from each pic leading back to your iWeb page. My isp gives users 20mb of webspace. 5mb is barely enough. When you upload your pics to wherever they end up, just copy the link and embed it into your website.

~

Reaction score
It's a bit of a mess with iWeb, because iWeb turns special fonted text and lots of other things into images, too, so despite outserving your photos, you'll end up exceeding 5 MB eventually. And relinking in iWeb's generated HTML code is a pain.

I suggest you get a cheap webspace arrangement, there aplenty out there for as low as 5 bucks a month and you'll have plenty of space.
Best is .Mac of course, which is really getting better all the time.

OP
roewert
Reaction score
yogi said:
It's a bit of a mess with iWeb, because iWeb turns special fonted text and lots of other things into images, too, so despite outserving your photos, you'll end up exceeding 5 MB eventually. And relinking in iWeb's generated HTML code is a pain.

I suggest you get a cheap webspace arrangement, there aplenty out there for as low as 5 bucks a month and you'll have plenty of space.
Best is .Mac of course, which is really getting better all the time.

That looks like it might be my best course.... How much web space does .Mac provide for web hosting?

Reaction score
roewert said:
That looks like it might be my best course.... How much web space does .Mac provide for web hosting?

I think the .mac idisc quota is 1gb, upgradeable to 4gb. Depending on your current quota, I'd imaging the web hosting would only be one way to utilize the 1gb.

~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.