How to set a default email client?

Reaction score
I am using firefox for my browsing needs and would like to set gmail as my default email client.

This is on a 1.5 17'' Powerbook. Thanks!

Reaction score
coincopy said:
I am using firefox for my browsing needs and would like to set gmail as my default email client.

This is on a 1.5 17'' Powerbook. Thanks!

This can be done from the Prefs in Mail. In the General Tab it asks for input regarding the default email reader. I don't know how to configure it to use webmail as the default, though, as the emails are on the gmail server.

Alternatively you could download the Gmail Widget which will notify you of new mail and is pretty good.

http://www.webpronews.com/insidesea...-20050725GmailWidgetAvailableForOSXUsers.html

~

OP
C
Reaction score
I tried setting up mac mail but it doesn't work too well for me. It won't sync with my gmail for some reason. It will pick and choose yada yada it's really annoying.

What I want to do is make it so when I click an email link on a webpage (while in firefox), that it opens in a firefox browser window. This was just a matter of setting a preference in IE on my PC.. maybe it can't be done on a mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch iMac / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 gHz / 1 GB RAM / 250gb hd / Black iPod Nano 2nd gen 8gb
I need help with this as well. I can't seem to figure out how to separate my messages in my inbox and outbox. All of my messages are appearing in my inbox, which is weird. I followed the directions given as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.