Epson Printer, Vertical Lines???

Reaction score
These vertical bands keep showing up on my Epson printer, and no matter what I seem to do, nothing works. I've tried going through the Realignment process, but that never works, and I'm just using up my ink trying to figure out what's wrong. The model is a C64 Series (EPSON USB) whatever that stuff means. If anyone could help out...

S

sursuciofla

How fast do you print? When you get ready to print you go into the advanced setting and slow down printing. At least that's what I have to do with Epson 2200. This allows the ink to dry before the rollers get to it. I wish I could tell you exactly where but I am not at the printer right now.

S

sursuciofla

Okay when you click print there is an option Copies & Pages...Click drop menu and go to Print Settings. On the pic I provided there is a High-Speed Setting, unclick that. Maybe it is the same on yours so just giving this a shot as this is what I have to do when I print.

Picture 3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There are a few things you can try to get rid of the banding you are experiencing.
You have already checked the alignment.
Next, make sure you uncheck the hi-speed print option like was already suggested.
Lastly, you might want to try running either an automated print head cleaning or as a very last resort, attempt to flush and clean the printheads yourself.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thank you Sursuciofla, that actually turned out Ok. I got the banding to stop, and I'm guessing that you should adjust the Quality/Speed thing so that you don't get a sorta fuzzy image if it's all the way down to Quality. Anyway, that's guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.