getting ready to buy a new imac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
Hey everyone. I am going to be buying a new imac probably in a month or two, but have a question or two. My old system was an iMac g4 1ghz with 1gb of ram. I had to sell it because we were moving. but anyway. I used photoshop CS and finalcut pro 5 on that system, and while it wasn't superspeedy it did a decent job for me. Now Im looking at the iMac 20" 2.16Ghz with 1GB of ram. How is the performance of photoshop CS2 going to be on that system compaired to my old on. I know with rosetta I'll be taking a hit till CS3 comes out, but it shouldn't be worse than my old system. also in the near future after I get my system I will probably be getting some more ram for it. Just curious to know what everyone's intel exerience was like.. Thanks all..

S

sursuciofla

I use that stuff on my 1.33ghz G4 with maxed out RAM so considering the processor speed of the new imacs among other better specs I would say it is probably on par even with rosetta.

S

sursuciofla

And I bet your system was STOLEN by UPS...hehe. Saw your specs section. Lately I am lucky to get mail from my dear USPS without it being opened already. I bet their is plenty mail I haven't even recieved, like important loan documents that mysteriously never show up. Frankly I'm a little on edge these days!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sursuciofla said:
And I bet your system was STOLEN by UPS...hehe. Saw your specs section. Lately I am lucky to get mail from my dear USPS without it being opened already. I bet their is plenty mail I haven't even recieved, like important loan documents that mysteriously never show up. Frankly I'm a little on edge these days!

Oh I swear it was stolen by them. The thing shipped in a HUGE box, lost somewhere in S. Cali. but I insured it and had to jump through about 2 months of hoops before I seen any money from them. UUUGGGGhhhh. Never again UPS. Unless its when my new iMac comes.LOL

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sursuciofla said:
I use that stuff on my 1.33ghz G4 with maxed out RAM so considering the processor speed of the new imacs among other better specs I would say it is probably on par even with rosetta.

Yeah that is what Im guessing. Even if photoshop is the same as it was on my old system I'll be able to hold out till CS3 comes out. Heck even if it gets really bad for me, I can just install bootcamp and goto windows, althougth I wouldn't like it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.