will deleting applications clog of registry?

Reaction score
Hello, i know on a windows xp system, that if u delete files improperly, the windows registry can become clogged up or get corrupted.

In mac osx, if i want to delte an application, do i just go the application menu, and drag it to the trash? Or is there a more complete way of uninstalling an application?

H

Hulk_SMASH

That's the beautiful thing about OSX, no registry to get buggered and bogged down. Just drag it to the trash and you're done!!!

Reaction score
There is no regsitry, but there IS a Library folder. This folder holds preferences and other stuff for apps that don't get cleaned out when uninstalling by just trashing an App. This won't really bog the system down, as these files are no more than a few kilobytes, but I like to keep my mac clean, so I use Appzapperto uninstall applications.

www.appzapper.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
If you don't like AppZapper, search the files(try the name of the App) in Spotlight and delete from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.