Saving as ISO

F

Fraggy

Hi guys and gals!

Just wondering, I've got a mac mini coming soon with the combodrive. What i was wonderings was whether there is a way of saving DVDs you've made as ISOs or the equivalent then burning them on another system?

Hope that makes sense.

OP
H

Hulk_SMASH

Unfortunately, I've had my mini for 3 weeks and have found nothing so I installed bootcamp and Windows MCE and am using DVDShrink. I too am interested if there is anything that'll compress a 9.6GB DVD to 5.7 and then make an ISO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I'm not sure if this will help or not.. since the link is talking about 10.3...

I'm not on my iMac right now (how unfortunate for me !) or I'd try it for you myself.

But...

http://os-emulation.net/pearpc/web/iso.html

The part about using the Disk Utility, may be what you're looking for.

Let me know if this works for you.

OP
H

Hulk_SMASH

RIDE said:
I'm not sure if this will help or not.. since the link is talking about 10.3...

I'm not on my iMac right now (how unfortunate for me !) or I'd try it for you myself.

But...

http://os-emulation.net/pearpc/web/iso.html

The part about using the Disk Utility, may be what you're looking for.

Let me know if this works for you.

not at all, but thanks for trying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Aside from compression, why are you interested in the ISO format? It doesn't really do that much for you unless you are trying to make a bootable CD/DVD. Can you explain what you are trying to do? ISO may not be the best answer!

OP
H

Hulk_SMASH

It's just much easier to just burn the ISO to a DVD than it is to mess around with the TS Video and TS Audio folder and all the associated VOB files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.