I'm looking for a certian type of audio player.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
I don't know if any of you are familiar with the audio player called Foobar2k for the win xp, but I was wondering if there was a audio player like Foobar for the mac, one that doesn't use a lot of system resources and is pretty minimal and basic.

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks a lot.
:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You might also wish to consider Quicktime. It makes a very nice audio player, and is already on your system!

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac57 said:
You might also wish to consider Quicktime. It makes a very nice audio player, and is already on your system!

Eh, I dunno. Does quicktime have a library and playlist?
Also, the GUI interface of quicktime doesn't seem that minimal for my liking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Actually I like QT as an audio player precisely because its GUI (for audio at least) is so simplistic. I know that QT itself isn't a low resource program, and you are right it does not support playlists and the like, but it is great for "one of" playing, which is what I use it for. If I want more, I use iTunes.

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac57 said:
Actually I like QT as an audio player precisely because its GUI (for audio at least) is so simplistic. I know that QT itself isn't a low resource program, and you are right it does not support playlists and the like, but it is great for "one of" playing, which is what I use it for. If I want more, I use iTunes.

I have over 50 gigs of albums, so I like to have a playlist and just play it on shuffle and leave it on in the background.

iTunes is ok, I just wanted some more minimal and more system friendly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.