Front Row on G4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iMac, Xserve, iPod, unlocked iPhone
I have an iBook G4 (last version before MacBook). Is it possible to install Front Row on my laptop? Is it available and compatible?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
amagab said:
I have an iBook G4 (last version before MacBook). Is it possible to install Front Row on my laptop? Is it available and compatible?

Thanks!
Sorry, FrontRow wasn't made for iBook G4's. You won't be able to install it.
There are some who supposedly got it to run, but it is from an illegal hack which won't be discussed on this forum.
:black:

Reaction score
What's Apple's reasoning for not having front row run on a G4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
cjay said:
What's Apple's reasoning for not having front row run on a G4?
They are not compatible or designed for that software. They don't meet Apple's requirements for the application, as they don't have an IR receiver. To try and circumvent that is a violation of the EULA for the Front Row software.

Front Row EULA said:
2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.

C. Except as and only to the extent permitted in this License, by applicable licensing terms governing use of the Open-Sourced Components, or by applicable law, you may not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Apple Software or any part thereof.

Reaction score
Pulse-8 said:

Please explain why my post was deleted!

I'd rather the whole post was deleted if there was some infringement than removing the contents of my post but leaving the framework.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Pulse-8 said:
Please explain why my post was deleted!

I'd rather the whole post was deleted if there was some infringement than removing the contents of my post but leaving the framework.
D3v1L80Y said:
it is from an illegal hack which won't be discussed on this forum.
End of discussion.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.