Missing install discs - what do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iMac, Xserve, iPod, unlocked iPhone
Hello, we have a PowerMac G5 with a spanking new hard drive. However, I am missing the Tiger install discs it came with. I tried using our iMac G5 discs but they didn't work. What do I do? Can I get new discs from Apple? Is there another solution?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
amagab said:
What do I do? Can I get new discs from Apple? Is there another solution?

Thanks!
Well, either way you are going to need new discs. You could get a new copy of Tiger from Apple, though that would be more expensive.
I would suggest looking around eBay or a similar site and try to get your hands on a full retail version of the OS... NOT a set that came with another computer that someone is selling. Make sure it is a retail original set of discs.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iMac, Xserve, iPod, unlocked iPhone
I see I can get a copy of Tiger from the local university's bookstore for a good price. Is Tiger specific to what model it runs on or does the same Tiger run on any Mac? Do I need to get a copy of Tiger that is made for G5?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
A retail version of Tiger (like the one at your bookstore) will work on any Mac that meets the requirements for Tiger. Go with that one.
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.