Cleaning Products?

Reaction score
What products do you use to clean your macbook? Is Lysol okay to use on the machine part (not on the screen) and the trackpad? I know I need to get some special spray for the screen, what kind do you use?

Thanks!

Reaction score
i just use the screen cleaner spray from office depot. they make their own brand and it was about 6$ for 2- 4oz. bottles. i spray it on a clean microfiber and clean all surfaces and it makes my macbook look brand spanking new. the sheen on it is amazing after its completed. :)

Reaction score
Don't use a paper towel, it scratches over time. Eye glass spray & 100% cotton cloth
works great.Klear Screen works great to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Get a spray bottle at your favorite drugstore and make a solution of 25% dishwashing liquid to 75% water. Spray it on a soft piece of cotton (an old t-shirt works great) and gently wipe down your computer, drying it immediately.

For tough stains on the palmrest areas, use a Mr Clean Magic Eraser.. gently.

I've found the iKlear stuff to be overly expensive and it leaves my screen streaky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
I use D10, It's a water based cleaner that most UK stores use. I get mine from my work. It's also great on windows, metals, plastics and paint work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz, 120 GB, 2 GB RAM, Superdrive
I use either my shirt or a little peice of cloth to clean the screen (for minor junk that may be on it).

Reaction score
If you want to polish the outside case, I can't recommend iDrops from Podshop.com enough! I had to use a harsh cleanser on my case when my daughter wrote on it with a sharpie marker! The cleaner "ate" the acrylic finish, but with time and a lot of elbow grease, iDrops has it shining like new again!

http://podshop.com/products/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 ghz white
i'm sure all of the products do a great job but, i have found, a damp and clean washcloth does an excellent job on the shell AND the monitor. don't spray it just wipe with an already damp cloth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 4GB RAM 250 GBHD, MacBook Black. 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 1GB memory. 120GB hard drive.
Will a damp cloth also work for the Black MacBook? I know the white ones are supposed to be shiny and all, but the black one has a matte like finish. I am new to this MacBook so I really don't know much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
is it safe to use a damp cloth for the track pad/track pad button also?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.