A true video iPod coming....Here we go again!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Engadget reports:

"When it comes to Apple's product roadmap, to say there's an enormous amount of buzz and milling of rumors is a ridiculous understatement. Believe it or not we tend to have to disregard the majority of rumors floating around (or that get sent in to us); that said, when not only one, but multiple trusted sources get in touch to let us know Steve Jobs & Co. are supposedly finally about completed with the wireless / video iPod, we have to take note. Supposedly they're preparing to announce the device in the very near future, which we've been told is both wireless and widescreen (both features we've been waiting for the iPod to take on, since, well, forever) -- you didn't think last month's new nano / new shuffle / iTV event was going to be it for the rest of the year, did you? We'll keep you posted."

Is the dead horse still being beaten? Or do you think there is some truth to this rumor.

P.S. I tried posting this thread in the Rumors section but I did not have "permission"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I personally believe it is probably true, and is very exciting.. I would imagine that Apple will release it in-time for the holiday shopping season of this year... Which is quickly approaching. I hope they release it about 1 week before MS releases the Zune, which MS says is Nov. 14th... Nov. 7th would be a TUESDAY!!! :) I for one, can hardly wait. The wireless Video iPod will be my next Apple purchase.

We can only hope.... :D

267955689_7d822da8dc.jpg

267954890_d6e24c4484.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I'm sure it will come, but they have been saying this same thing for months that a release is imminent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I suspect it's true. We know the current Gen 5 was intended as a test to see what the interest in Video was. I suspect we will see the new one at MWSF in Jan. It could be sooner, but it's getting close to the Christmas sales season and orders need to be placed now for delivery in time.

OP
digital john
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
I think that if they are going to release it, it will be before Zune.

It sucks when you have stock in MS and Apple. Lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
trpnmonkey41 said:
I'm sure it will come, but they have been saying this same thing for months that a release is imminent
So of course, when it finally does come out... they can say that they knew about it all along. Nevermind that they have been saying this for a couple years now. :rollseyes:
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.