How can I sort this problem out with disc

D

ditalush

Hi,

I turned my iMac off 2 nights ago half way through software updates (I know I know, shouldn't have done that but I have a habit of turning everything off at night) - anyway so I get home after work last night and start the machine as usual but it goes only to a blue screen! After an hour on the phone to apple support they ask me to load the original Tiger OSX disc but of all the discs I've lost it just has to be that one!:-(

Ok so I need to get hold of this disc but the Apple retail store closest to me (Liverpool, UK) want £89! I'm skint and don't have this money at the moment.

Don't know anyone running Tiger and wondered is theres a simpler way to get hold of it. Support woman confirmed it was a software error.

I'm currently working in safe mode and surprised I can access the internet so I'm not having a break down yet! lol

Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you call apple support and explain that you've lost your original system discs , they might be able to send you the discs for your machine for a small shipping & handling fee.

OP
D

ditalush

I know, have just called apple but they want me to pay for a disc! Can someone please put a copy on disc for me? :dummy:

Reaction score
ditalush said:
I know, have just called apple but they want me to pay for a disc! Can someone please put a copy on disc for me? :dummy:

Have a look on eBay.

~

OP
D

ditalush

One other thing: When running in safe mode I can perform all the usual tasks like surfing the net and open itunes and play a track but no sound is heard. In system preferances the sound options are pale and i can't unclick them. How can I get sound on or is this right for running in safe mode?

Thankyou! x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd call again and ask to speak to someone else.

If your mac shipped with tiger, apple should be able to provide some sort of disc replacement service.

Besides - if it's an intel mac the retail version of OS X won't help you, as that's PowerPC only - the only copies of 10.4 for intel available are the ones that shipped with the system discs.

OP
D

ditalush

Aptmunich said:
I'd call again and ask to speak to someone else.

If your mac shipped with tiger, apple should be able to provide some sort of disc replacement service.

Besides - if it's an intel mac the retail version of OS X won't help you, as that's PowerPC only - the only copies of 10.4 for intel available are the ones that shipped with the system discs.

Thanks for your comments but my point is that I cannot afford to pay for a replacement disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And my point is they shouldn't be charging you 98 pounds for it, but perhaps 10-15 pounds at most.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.