Macbook Pro Intel Core Duo 2? When?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook - 15" (last ppc), iMac 20" w/ intel, iPod 5G
When do you think these will be released?

Reaction score
i called a mac agent store yesterday, and i asked the guy should i get a macbook pro or should i get a souped out macbook. He said to me "just wait one more week" i said why is that. he said " i cant tell you, but you will defently want to wait." so i am going to call back today and ask that same question. and see if i can get any more out of them. does that sound like it could be the core duo 2?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4
Could mean the c2d upgrade is coming, though I would be very surprised if an employee in a retail store had any information at all. Apple are very tight lipped about their upgrades. There is a huge thread over at the mac rumors website about the forthcoming upgrade, think it's hit over a 2,500 posts now, still no one is any the wiser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Actually, I heard, that Apple has figured out how to fit the Core Quad into MacBook Pros. They won't be coming out until February.

The will also include flux capacitors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
surfwax95 said:
Actually, I heard, that Apple has figured out how to fit the Core Quad into MacBook Pros. They won't be coming out until February.

The will also include flux capacitors.

tnaugust200420044xd3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
D3v1L80Y said:
Nobody knows for sure. Personally, don't look for it anytime soon.
A few people here have speculated though:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39106&highlight=Coreduo2

You really don't expect it anytime soon? I just took a browse over at the Dell website and they are offering C2Ds in their notbooks for a pretty reasonable price.

I don't think that apple can afford to wait any longer...

I think the only people who might know roughly when a C2D MBP is to be released would be Mac Geniuses considering they are briefed on future apple products. Maybe you just so happened to get a Genius on the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
digital john said:
I think the only people who might know roughly when a C2D MBP is to be released would be Mac Geniuses considering they are briefed on future apple products. Maybe you just so happened to get a Genius on the phone.

I don't think any employees at the stores are briefed, and if they are they wouldn't be able to talk about anything they know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
trpnmonkey41 said:
I don't think any employees at the stores are briefed, and if they are they wouldn't be able to talk about anything they know
Precisely, they aren't. In fact, ALL Apple employees sign NDA's that forbid them to even so much as hint about any and all possible upcoming events, products, or unreleased advancements.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
D3v1L80Y said:
Precisely, they aren't. In fact, ALL Apple employees sign NDA's that forbid them to even so much as hint about any and all possible upcoming events, products, or unreleased advancements.

Yea I know but it doesn't mean that someone who had some knowledge didn't say anything. I know someone who is a Genius and he was sent to Boston recently to learn and examine about new Apple products...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.